First round of 2007 Speech Topics - January 9, 2007


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



(Speech Topic: Women in Business)

On Tuesday, January 9 2007, Summer Rayne Oakes spoke on a panel to Gettysburg college students at the Penn Club in NYC. Other panel participants included: Danielle Billera (owner of Sushi Samba Restaurants); Anjali Lewis (Associate Publisher of Vanity Fair Magazine); and Shelby Tompkins (Associate Director of Special Projects of Vanity Fair Magazine), followed by a reception with Carson Kressley.

The panel discussion consisted of how creativity (ideas), business (finance/marketing), and execution/delivery (final product/service, sales, and operations) comes into play with each woman's business on a daily basis.

Summer Rayne specifically discussed finding your passion, the value of entrepreneurship, and the challenges and rewards of running your own company:
"When you do your own thing, it forces you to innovate. I started my own business because I couldn't find a company or organization that shared the same vision I had for the future. I felt the need to develop a broad-skilled approach, so I have a tendency to do all sorts of things - consulting, modeling, writing. Most everything I do, however, is centered on sustainability. My passion is for people and the environment. I look at what I do very much as a business as well as an educational awareness campaign. I don't consider it a job or a hobby. I consider it a responsibility, a way of life."
This marks the first discussion/speech for 2007. To find out more topics and information, visit Summer Rayne's School for boys and girls who just don't give a damn (but will after she's through with them).



0 Responses to “First round of 2007 Speech Topics - January 9, 2007”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


about

  • From the frontlines: Tracking the latest news, updates, and projects of Summer Rayne Oakes

E-mail me SRO News


Preview | FeedBlitz

Social Bookmarking

previous posts

archives

links


ATOM 0.3

View blog top tags View blog authority