Summer Rayne Oakes 2007 Speech Topics: Entrepreneurism, Ecofashion, Engagement, and The Environment


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



This year I had a wonderful opportunity to speak at a variety of different venues, including the Yale Sustainable Design conference, Cornell's Environmental Conservation class, the Cooper Hewitt Design Museum, F.I.T., Philadelphia's Sustainable Business Network, and a host of others. As I had told Jeff Mcintyre-Strasburg for the Treehugger interview, I love speaking to groups, particularly because you are able to feel the change as it is happening. It is that immediate response from the audience that I crave and it's that same response that I don't normally get from my more "passive" work. In that sense, it feels more "real" to me because you are very present in the moment.

Speaking is something that I am very comfortable with I think largely because my passion and my experience guide my words. I will be making my rounds on a speaker's circuit similar to last year, but I am adding more topics. A sample of my 2007 speech topics can be viewed below, with a description of the topics on my company website. I will be adding speech topics throughout the year, as my experiences and the market research that I am engaged in grows. Additionally, I have already booked a few venues for 2007, particularly around the month of April, so definitley feel free to contact my team if you are interested in having me speak.

Below is a short video that my editor uploaded to give a small taste of my talks, discussions and presentations that I have done this year. It is by no means a full look at what I do, (it's not that easy to always take a camera crew with me), but it is a short video for you to sample just so you have an idea.



SUMMER RAYNE OAKES 2007 SPEECH TOPICS
  • A Bird's Eye View in Building the Better Brand
  • Blurring the Lines
  • Building on Better Design: An Inside Perspective with Summer Rayne
  • Clothing and Climate Change: Apparel Industry Questions for the 21st Century
  • ECOFASHION 101: a conscious curriculum with style
  • Fair and Balanced: Fashion's Playing Field
  • Google Me This: Mainstreaming Environmentalism Online
  • Green Consumers: What they buy and why
  • Greenfluentials: The Cultural Connoisseur and the Emerging Eco-luxury Market
  • How Shareholder Action Affects the Way the Apparel Industry is Run
  • When Sustainability Slips into Bed With Fashion
Click here for a greater description of topics and for booking information.


0 Responses to “Summer Rayne Oakes 2007 Speech Topics: Entrepreneurism, Ecofashion, Engagement, and The Environment”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


about

  • From the frontlines: Tracking the latest news, updates, and projects of Summer Rayne Oakes

E-mail me SRO News


Preview | FeedBlitz

Social Bookmarking

previous posts

archives

links


ATOM 0.3

View blog top tags View blog authority