My favorite place to shop: Hatari Invertebrates


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



These are the perfect pets for avid travelers!

I am in love with my blue death-feigning beetles (Cryptoglossa verrucosus). I never raised these critters before, but Barney suggested them over at Hatari Inverts. Thanks to photographer Richard Crean and his macro lens, he was able to capture Muskateer (the male...I have 3 males) and Bluebell (the female) above. They are relatively tiny (less than an inch in length) compared to my other creatures, but between the four of them, they make quite a racket at night in their terrarium. The best part about them is their "death-feigning" characteristic. Their long legs stick straight up in the air (see below) when you frighten them. They get so stiff, you can pick them up and stack them on top of one another. Pure enjoyment on a rainy day. [You'll see more of Richard's fashion work in S4 - SRO's (the co.) new newsletter on sustainability trends in fashion. Sign up for the premiere issue here.


0 Responses to “My favorite place to shop: Hatari Invertebrates”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


about

  • From the frontlines: Tracking the latest news, updates, and projects of Summer Rayne Oakes

E-mail me SRO News


Preview | FeedBlitz

Social Bookmarking

previous posts

archives

links


ATOM 0.3

View blog top tags View blog authority